Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sometimes being on top can bring you down

So this week i have been dealing with some head stuff.
Sometimes when you feel on top of it, and love being on top of it. The pressure can get to you.
This week ive been feeling alot of pressure to get the results people expect from me. And because ive been struggling with my nutrition, i feel like i am failing everyone, especially Elise my Trainer. She so kindly has used me as promotion for her business. This is a HUGE honour, and i could not be more proud that she wants me up there. But im scared, scared that i wont get the results she wants me to, scared i wont achieve the things i set out to achieve this challenge. Im sick of going round and round in circles with my emotions. One or two weeks and im smashing killing every aspect then, week three it seems to go down hill, then week four i feel outta control. Just dont know how i can conquer this. But very over it!!
So tonight on Biggest Loser a lady was going through the same kinda issues, so really hit home, breaking me down. Making me want to blog about this stuff. They came out with, its not everyone elses expectations its my own, and when im not on top of it i get scared and try to revert back to the old me to compensate. I couldnt believe hearing this. It is what i needed to hear for sure, as it is exactly what i have been doing.
No one else expects anything from me, i only expect the best, because thats where i wanna be. If i lost 5kg then everyone would be so happy for me, if i lose 20kg will still be the same outcome.
So how do i stop this cycle from occuring??? Any suggestions would be awesome.

So enough of the mental stuff, other things have been happening. Lauren and I trained some friends of ours through a bootcamp kinda workout. Was fun pushing them and watching them smashing it out. So proud of them all. But was great experience for us.
PT with Elise tomorrow, my only one for the week :( but wanting to smash it hard!!! No chatter, just hardcore workout!! (im sure there will be a lil chat! lol) But smashing my training and thinking of starting my running again, once i get new shoes.
Anyways think thats enough from me this time.
Next time ill be on top of the world. With no pressure on myself. Just doing what i do best and being the best i can be.
Love to you all
Sandie xx

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your honesty, you already know what I think about you chic... thanks for sharing all your load with me today, I am hear any time and you know that! LOVE YOUR GUTS xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The head stuff is so hard, much harder than anyone ever thinks. Thankyou so much for sharing, it is so hard to share the dark bits, but often others need to hear it as much as you need to write it.
    Maybe you could try making your brain talk in the 3rd person a little, so talk to yourself like you would talk to anyone else on this journey. I know that sounds strange but we do the negative talk without even thinking and I feel that to stop that we have to actually think about talking positvly about ourselves. Also because weightloss is such a focus maybe pick something different to focus on each week, ie a milestone to jog, or a new challenge like rock climbing etc and also make sure you give you atleast 15 mins a day of just Sandie time. Sorry turned into a long post lol. xox

    ReplyDelete