Monday, October 24, 2011

Proud as Punch!!

Well what a week it has been!!
Smashing my sessions with Elise, going up on all my weights! Even surprising myself. Smashed a 4kg medicine ball so it would bounce to my height was pretty awesome. Even elise was impresssed, and i made her highlights for the week!
What else happened this week, hrmmmmm so i had an extra session with Elise to make up for some i have missed, and she surprised me with a WOW session. Now a WOW is a catoegorie in the Challenge called Fitter, Faster, Stronger. Where they give u a workout every week, pushing u beyond your limits, and the aim is to do it as fast as u can, but correctly.
I was so nervous! these are things i only dream i can do. So what was involved, 10 x 15kg Dumbell Ground to Overhead lifts, followed by 10 Crucifix burpies, done 3 times through. then 10 calories on the rower, then 10 x 15kg Dumbell Front squats repeated 3 times. Was a killer!!! The hardest point for me was the first round of the DB ground to overhead and the crucifix burpies. Once i realised i could do these i was off and running. I completed the whole thing in 11.17. Was absolutley floored with myself! But oh so proud! We then went on to do some leg press work, where i upped my weight to 250kg! was an amazing night!
Then on Saturday morning was time for Trusslers Transformers Lake Run. So the last two times i had done this run, i had beaten my past time, but with someones help beside me helping me along. This time i was on my own. Only myself to push, only myself to fight with. So off i started, working hard only stopping to walk to catch my breath, then off running again i go! No giving up as giving up is not an option. I completed the Lake in 19.30!!! 39secs less than last time, and i did it on my own!! Once again i was sooo proud of myself! My goal is to get that down into the 15min range, in 6 more weeks! I can do it if i train hard and work on it. so these next few weeks im going to give up some of my cardio stuff and do some running stuff, mix it up with treadmill, runnning the lake and the leg machine at gym. Building my legs up and working on my breathing will help me get this goal.
So by the weekend i was pretty impressed with myself, and feeling pretty amazing! I am back on track, eating right, training to the max!! Loving it all. And the positive comments have started to come back in. Which does help staying focused and encourages you to push it hard.
So tonight was a mid month weigh in as my last weigh in was a disaster. Once again i surprised myself!!! I lost 3.75kg in just two weeks. Not even being spot on perfect. Elise and i were both shocked and estatic at my result! So my new goal for next weigh in, is 5kgs in two weeks! This can be done!! If im extra careful, i will be able to achieve this. And i will then feel like this challenge hasn't been a huge waste of time.
Im so pumped now!! Back on track!! Ready to go for gold! Nothing can stop me now!!
Watch this space!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment